An old church to which Bishop Wilson added a front in 1717, in a simple and strange Baroque style. In 1717 the church was lengthened by 21 feet and a gable topped by a bellcote added to the west end. Rear and side galleries were erected between 1757 and 1777 by Rector James Wilks reached by an outer double stairwell on either side of the porch. Fell into decay following building of new church (on a different site) but rescued by Rev T.Howard who took down the galleries and chancel extension, and reroofed the church in 1849. Further restoration took place in 1877 and in 1955 since when it has been regularly used for services.