The Laxey Water Wheel

The Laxey Wheel is a large waterwheel built in the village of Laxey in the Isle of Man in 1854. Designed by Robert Casement, it has a 72-foot-6-inch (22.1 m) diameter, is 6 feet (1.83 m) wide and revolves at approximately three revolutions per minute. It was built to pump water from the mineshafts and was named "Lady Isabella" after the wife of Lieutenant Governor Charles Hope, who was the island's governor at that time.

The Laxey Wheel is the largest working waterwheel in the world. The wheel was used to pump water from the Glen Mooar part of the ‘Great Laxey Mines’ industrial complex.