The wheel at Glenfaba Mill had remained largely dormant since 1959 when the last of the Faragher family, who had been Millers since 1880, relinquished their business. Property restoration expert Vernon Wilkinson put the wheel back into working order in 2011. Kingsley de Botte from Peel assisted him. New wooden shafts for the wheel were made and fitted on site. In less than a week of restoration work, the wheel was turning once again. Much of the original machinery still remains, including a water-powered threshing machine. This photograph of the wheel was taken in 2005, before the restoration work took place.