Corrins Folly, View to North from Peel Hill

Corrins Folly

On the hill overlooking the City of Peel, a tower stands. Built around 1806 for a Thomas Corrin, who owns the hill and much land nearby. The site was one of his favourite places and there next to the tower in a small outlined graveyard he laid to rest his wife and two children. Their graves are marked out with pillars of stone.

Corrin's Tower, also known as Corrin's Folly, is four stories high. Much of the inside is taken up with a pillar set in the centre of the building, It starts out square on the ground floor, but goes more round as it moved up through the floors to the roof. Memorial tablets of stone as well as inscriptions on the walls, mark the ground and first floor with memories of departed Corrins'. Thomas Corrin often stayed on the third floor reading by a small fireplace. The windows on the east side of the tower, first, second and third floors are blocked up, due to complains that ships were mistaking the tower light for the Peel water break light.