Via Pinewood Pictures, the Isle of Man Media Development Fund has a range of funding options available to UK Film and TV productions, including equity finance investment, gap finance and discounting of the UK tax credit and pre-sales of a project.
The Isle of Man Media Development Fund, an evergreen fund of £25m to be used on film and TV productions, can be used in conjunction with The Welsh Government’s Media Investment Budget and with Pinewood equity investment. Key considerations for the Isle of Man Media Development Fund:
- Use of Isle of Man facilities will make projects more attractive to the Fund, though this is not a pre-requisite
- Use of the purpose built film studio on the Island is welcomed
- Employment of Isle of Man film workers and the use of ancillary Isle of Man services is a vital factor in consideration of applications
Previous projects in which the Isle of Man Media Fund has invested include Me and Orson Welles, Miss Potter, The Disappearance of Alice Creed, TT3D:Closer to the Edge, Belle, The Shadow Line and Dom Hemingway.
In order to evaluate any enquiry for investment Pinewood Pictures requires a commercially viable package, which should include the following:
- A fully developed script
- Where available, sales estimates provided by a reputable sales agent, including details of pre-sales
- Short biography of the key players attached including cast, producer(s), writer, director
- A proposed budget and finance structure
- Projects need to be completion bonded (in the case of film)
Pinewood Pictures will consider acquiring rights for UK distribution. The Isle of Man Media Development Fund may also consider P&A funding for films distributed by Pinewood Pictures.
3rd Floor 12 Great Portland Street London W1W 8QN Tel: +44 (0)20 7637 2612 www.pinewoodpictures.com